What I Was Up To Then
Since my last update...
- Arthur and I spent Christmas in Texas with his family. Our nephew seemed to remember us for the first time. We had seen him last when he visited us in Stockholm for Thanksgiving.
- We celebrated New Year's Eve surrounded by fabulous queers from all over the world at a house party in Stockholm.
- We spent a lovely weekend in København, Danmark exploring art museums, drinking coffee better than the shit served in Stockholm, and sharing our latest reflections on the world with The Sherwins.
- We went to Yasiragi, a Japanese-Swedish spa, for my birthday. The spa was great. The room and the food were not.
- I joined my friends Beth and Jon in Firenze, Italia for a long weekend. We saw all of the Davids, discovered a new favorite wine (Le Calendre, Amarone Valpolicella DOC, 2013), and ate the best pappa al pomodoro and ribollita.
- I finished listening to Michelle Obama's book "Becoming". Definitely get the audiobook. She and Barack are the American Dream. I miss having a family like them in the White House. I am going to see her in Stockholm in April!
- Lift 4–5× a week (I did in 2018!)
- Learn Swedish
- Complete 12 side projects in 12 months (Tab Tosser was my first for January)
- Read 12 books (and read less news)
- Reading "Our Revolution" by Bernie Sanders
- Working on another Firefox extension for February's side project
- Traveling to Durango, CO for a wedding and Pheonix, AZ for work
Thanks to Taylor Davidson for the /now page tip.